Friday, May 25, 2012

Adventures in Thrifting

You may already know that I loooove me some thrift store shopping.  I've done it for years.  I enjoy it even more than antique store shopping because the bargains are better even if the selection isn't.  There's no regularity to my thrifting.  I just get out and hunt whenever the feeling hits me.  It's more fun that way.  Yesterday after I picked up the boy from school, we popped by Sally's (aka Salvation Army) on our way home and I got quite a good haul all for under $20.  Some of it will be refurbished with paint, some will go into my etsy shop, and others I will keep.  Can you guess which?







And here is another little find I picked up from a prior thrifting trip for just $1.95.  I finally brought it in from the garage, wiped it down and used wood glue to better secure the legs to the seat.  The seat is a little warped but I think imperfection adds to the charm.  Up next, is a coat of paint (not sure if I'm going to use white or black--I'm leaning toward white) and maybe some French accents.  You'll have to check back to see how it turns out.



A recent thrift store find transformation. . .cheese dome turned cloche!





Please come back and visit soon.

If you like this post, I hope you will consider following my blog!

Sharing at:  You're Talking to Much (Meet Me Monday)


Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!