Monday, April 2, 2012

A walk through my garden. . .

I use my blog as an online diary of what's going on in my life and today, I was working in the garden planting the roses and perennials I wrote about yesterday. So if my garden bores you to tears, please check out the links near the top of my blog and read about makeup, fashion, home decor projecst or something else more to your liking.  Or. . .wait just a moment and check out a cute picture of our dog Rosie before moving on.  In between planting, I came in the house for a drink of water.  Rosie found a warm cozy spot in the dirt at the far end of the yard.  I couldn't resist grabbing my camera.  When I opened the sliding door, she noticed me but she obliged and didn't move until I got the shot.  Good girl, Rose!

 [click on the photos to enlarge the detail]

Here's a little tour around the garden today.  Facing s/w-ish, you can see our fire pit area and a gorgeous azalea in the background as well as the trunk of a not-so-gorgeous bottle brush tree.  But it blocks the view of the neighbor's house so it stays. 

Facing directly south, you get a better view of the bottle brush (aka bee tree) and you can see our lantana planted in the weird hole in the patio I wrote about in my earlier post.
Just to the right of the azalea mentioned above, is this area of the planting bed on the south fence.
In the far left of this picture below is the s/w corner of our yard.  The expanse of fence you see runs the width of our lot and is on the west side of our yard.  The neighbor directly behind this fence has all kinds of crap stacked up close to the fence and we can see it through the spaces between the planks.  We can also see a portable basketball hoop they have standing on their lawn and oh. . .don't even get me started.  Sheesh.  Anyway, I try to ignore it and just look at my pretty garden but I really want to plant a wall of vines to completely hide the eyesore.  I AM going to purchase pull down shades to hang off our patio so that will at least block everything from their roof line down to the top of the fence.

Okay, so I had to go outside just now and take pictures of our neighbor's house (at least the part you can see over the fence) so you would know what I'm talking about.





Okay, so back to the tour.  A little further down the fence is this larger planting area.  The curve of concrete you see peeking in on the right is our pool deck.  I was sort of facing n/w-ish and standig on the lawn when I took this photo.  
 This is the same area above but facing directly west and I'm standing on the pool deck.
 And this is what I've got planted in the n/w corner of the yard.  Rosie was laying just to the left of where "Janet" is now planted.  I can't remember the names of the daylilies I have planted here but I ordered them from a catalog last year.  Seems to me I left off the south side of the garden but that'll just give me something else to do tomorrow.  Thanks for taking a walk with me through my garden.  You know how much I enjoy it.  I hope you did too. 




Please come back and visit soon.

If you like this post, I hope you will consider following my blog!


Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!