Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Spike shoe trend. . .ouch!

The other day, a friend and I were discussing the recent appearance of spike shoes.  Although the spike shoe trend has been on the runways for the past couple of years, from what I've seen it is just now coming to the forefront (or should I say "store front") of mainstream America. From casual flats to sky high stilettos, spikes are showing up everywhere. . .even on mommy-to-be Jessica Simpson.

In small doses, the spikes do look very chic.  However, I'm certain I'd end up permanently scarring myself so I'll be leaving this trend on the runway.




If you want to get the look but don't have a Louboutin budget, here are some less expensive alternatives.


Dynamo transparent allover spike flats:  $43 at Makemechic.com


  Betsey Johnson Vendeta black leather:  On sale for $134 at Zappos.com
Blue velvet platform ankle bootie:  $69 at Shiekh.com or Shiekh stores 

LLV Gold/Clear platform peep toe stiletto:  On sale for $37 at Shiekh.com or Shiekh stores
Or perhaps a spiked purse is more your style. . . DOUBLE OUCH!!!



Please come back and visit soon.

If you like this post, I hope you will consider following my blog!


Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!