Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"Distressed Finial" before and after (a Pottery Barn knock-off project)

Hi Nesters!

I'm sharing with you yet another Pottery Barn knock-off project. This time I took a $1.39 thrift store wood wall-mounted candle holder, turned it upside down added some paint, banged it up a bit and voila! Distressed finial.

Here are the steps:

1)  Washed and dried candle holder.

2)  Painted with Krylon Heirloom White spray paint and let dry completely. I did not use a primer first because I wanted the paint to come off easily when I distressed it.

3)  Used sandpaper and a chain (this part was fun) to remove some of the paint.

4)  Wiped all over with walnut ink but you can use a water based wood stain in a dark color to achieve the same effect.

5)  I unscrewed the bottom bell-shaped piece so the finial would have a flatter bottom and then placed it on my mantel.






 
 Pottery Barn's Distressed Finial
 
Photobucket
 
Before
Photobucket

During
 
Photobucket

 
My finial "after"
 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket 
 

Thanks so much for checking out my latest project.  Have a great week!  Click HERE to check out my other projects/transformations.

Photobucket 

Sharing at:

Making the World Cuter Monday at Making the World Cuter
Get Your Craft on Tuesday at
Today's Creative Blog
Tip Me Tuesday at
Tip Junkie
Anything Related Tuesday at
All Thingz Related
Tuesday Trash to Treasure at
Rural Grace
Tutorial Tuesday at
Hope Studios
Transformation Thursdays at
The Shabby Chic Cottage
Everything But the Kitchen Sink Thursday at
A Little Knick Knack
Frugal Friday at
The Shabby Nest
Show and Tell Friday at
My Romantic Home
It's a Hodgepodge Friday at
It's a Hodgepodge Life
Saturday is Crafty Day at
Along for the Ride

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!