Saturday, February 26, 2011

"A Little Birdie" before and after (a Pottery Barn knock-off project)

Hi Nesters!

We've all seen the Pottery Barn chippy little time worn birds in their many variations. And we've also seen their price tags (yikes!). Well, on a recent trip to the thrift store, I found a little bird figurine ($1.39) that was crying out to be made over into just such a chippy bird. See his transformation below.

Pottery Barn bird candles

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pottery Barn ceramic bird

Photobucket

My thrift store bird

Photobucket

Here he is with one coat of espresso spray paint.

Photobucket

I applied one coat of heirloom white spray paint and lightly pressed a plastic bag on him to remove some of the paint while it was still wet. Then, I applied a little walnut ink with a dry cloth (you could use gel stain instead) to give him a more aged feel.

Photobucket

Isn't he cute? And since I already had the spray paint and walnut ink on hand, the whole project only cost me the original $1.39 I spent on him.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Right now, he lives on our coffee table.

Photobucket

Thanks for checking out my latest project. I'll be posting more transformations in the future.

Photobucket

I'm sharing this project at:

Making the World Cuter Monday at Making the World Cuter
Get Your Craft on Tuesday at
Today's Creative Blog
Tip Me Tuesday at
Tip Junkie
Anything Related Tuesday at
All Thingz Related
Tuesday Trash to Treasure at
Rural Grace
Tutorial Tuesday at
Hope Studios
Transformation Thursdays at
The Shabby Chic Cottage
Everything But the Kitchen Sink Thursday at
A Little Knick Knack
Frugal Friday at
The Shabby Nest
Show and Tell Friday at
My Romantic Home
It's a Hodgepodge Friday at
It's a Hodgepodge Life
Saturday is Crafty Day at
Along for the Ride

Marvelously Messy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!