Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My purple "spirit day" look in support of LGBT Teens!

Good evening, Nesters!

Today I wore purple on my eyes and on my body in support of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth. I'm not going to make this blog post a political or social commentary but it is an issue I feel very strongly about.

From pressdemocrat.com...

Wednesday, October 20, people everywhere will be wearing purple to raise awareness about bullying while honoring the lives of several gay teens who recently committed suicide after reportedly being bullied for being gay.

Capturing the nation’s attention, the recent surge of gay teen suicides has brought anti-gay bullying into focus. Locally, Facebook is bringing residents together to discuss this issue with messages of support, but also, unfortunately, intolerance.

In addition to honoring the teens who took their own lives in recent weeks, according to the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) Facebook page, tomorrow’s awareness day “Is also a way to show the hundreds of thousands of LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) teens who face the same pressures and who are victims of the same types of bullying and harassment that there is a vast community of people out here who love them and care about them.”

My look uses colors from the Aromaleigh Spells! collection:

  • Orchideous - inner lid

  • Obliviate - lid/crease

  • Nox - outer "v"

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket




Photobucket


♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!