Monday, October 25, 2010

Janette's vintage inspired floral decoupaged pumpkin

Good morning, Nesters!

Martha Stewart Living Radio is hosting a pumpkin decorating contest for Sirius XM radio show hosts. I first heard about the contest on the Rosie Radio show while driving my kids to school.

There has been a lot of negativity surrounding Janette's (of Rosie Radio) pumpkin. The on-air staff of Rosie Radio have been talking about people posting mean-spirited comments on the contest site stating that Janette's pumpkin was unattractive, sloppy, etc. After hearing about it for a few days, I thought, "Okay, I've got to go see this ugly pumpkin for myself." So I went to the contest site today. Imagine my surprise when I came across this lovely vintage inspired floral decoupage pumpkin. I think it's sweet, quaint and a beautiful representation of a vintage Halloween decoration. I believe Janette said she used wallpaper from the 1950's (an extra roll saved from the house she grew up in) as the main decorating medium. What a creative way to recycle/repurpose old materials.


Who says Halloween has to be all witches, ghouls and ghosts? I would be proud to have Janette's pumpkin sitting on my front doorstep. If you are a lover of things that are sweetly handmade and vintage inspired, please go to the contest site and vote for "Janette's decoupaged pumpkin."



Photobucket

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!