Monday, December 7, 2009

Martha Monday: Iced Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies

This week's Martha Monday project (selected by yours truly) was Iced Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies. I wouldn't say I'm a "fan" of oatmeal cookies (I'm really a chocolate chip girl) but I wanted to make a cookie that I don't make every day, was relatively easy, didn't require waiting time for dough to chill, would travel well to/from a cookie exchange, and that my kids would like. Oh yeah, tasting good would be a good thing also. This cookie fits all those criteria. Yay! The maple sugar frosting was the clencher.

The only changes I made to the recipe was that I subbed 1/4 cup of the regular flour with whole wheat flour (I like to sneak in a little extra fiber for the family wherever I can), and I used regular unsweetened applesauce instead of chunky (grocery store didn't have it). Everyone in the family loved them without frosting (they couldn't wait for them to cool before they tried em) and with frosting. But they definitely preferred the frosted version. So do you think they're Santa worthy...I do!




Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!