Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Martha Mondays: Grilled Vanilla Peaches


This was the first assignment for Martha Mondays. I used white peaches (I thought I was buying yellow ones) for my recipe. They taste just as good but are not quite as pretty. I love the look of contrasting foods. But once the peaches were covered in ooey gooey cinnamon sauce, there was a good measure of color contrast there with the vanilla ice cream.

It was in the high 90's here today around dinner time so I decided to alter the recipe a bit and "grilled" my peaches in the oven instead of on the barbeque. They were so tastey. Cameron had two helpings. Sierra thought they were a little sweet for her taste. Jason hasn't tried them yet. He was at the mall getting an Orange Julius while I was making dessert. I'm sure he'll try a bowl before he goes to bed though.


I washed and peeled the peaches (I used 6)
Here are my peaches (in the lemon/oil liquid) in a 9x13 pan.
Again I veered from the recipe and quartered my peaches.

Yummy cinnamon/brown sugar sauce

Sauce drizzled all over the peaches
Covered with foil and ready to pop into a 425 oven for 15 minutes
De-lish!


Martha Monday Assignment for 8/17/09: Map Coasters!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!