Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Yummy Chicken Salad Recipe...

This is the best chicken salad ever! It's the grapes that make it special. Everyone who has ever tried it loves it, including my kids. Feel free to alter it to your liking. I've listed some options below the recipe.

Chicken and Grapes Salad

  • Two 10 ounce cans chunk chicken breast in water drained

  • 1/2 cup Best Foods low fat mayo

  • 2 scallions (aka green onions) finally sliced

  • 2 small/medium (or 1 large) stalks celery finally diced

  • 1 1/2 cups seedless red grapes (cut each grape in half or in quarters if really big)
Mix everything together. Add fresh ground pepper and salt to taste. Voila! Makes 5 sandwiches.

Options:

  • use more or less celery, scallions and grapes to suit your taste

  • add chopped pecans or walnuts

  • full fat mayo, of course, can be substituted

  • I use Oroweat Double Fiber bread (4 grams of fiber in each slice), but it's really good on a croissant too.
  • Potluck idea: I buy a large plastic box of mini-sized croissants from my grocery store bakery section and take this to potlucks for a do-it-yourself sandwich bar. I pre-slice the croissants to make the sandwiches easier to prepare.



post signature

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!