Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Second Time Around Tuesday...


Welcome to 2nd Time Around Tuesday. Our host Diane at A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words says, "You can join in by creating a post of something that is ‘new’ to you but not new-examples are something inherited, from an estate sale, garage sale, thrift store, etc."

I just came across Diane's blog this evening and realized that I just acquired something that fits the bill for participation. This past weekend, we took the kids to our cabin at Sunset Beach. Right before we packed up to leave, I put away the freshly washed dishes. Something told me to stand up on the kitchen counter and check the upper most cabinet. I did, and this is what I found. My grandma's Homer Laughlin Georgian eggshell soup tureen and a Knowles serving tray. Yay! I snapped them up and brought them home before they got misplaced or accidentally destroyed. They must have been up there for years. These pieces are in mint condition and are a welcome addition to my vintage dish collection (and I'm going to actually use them).







post signature

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!