Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My vintage dish collection...

A couple of days ago, I had an epiphany and realized that the quality and quantity of food I have been putting in my body lately leaves a lot to be desired. I mean, it's your body after all. Only the best quality food in modest portions would nourish it properly (with occasional treats in moderation of course). Today, I decided that healthy food tastes much better when eaten off of pretty dishes. So I broke out my lovely collection of vintage dishes (most of which are decorated with pink flowers) and served myself lunch. Below are detailed photos of my collection. You may notice that the gold edge detail is wearing away on some of the dishes and there is crazing (crackling in the glaze) on others as well. These are details that actually endear me to these dishes. Many of them are quite old and have been well loved throughout their lifetime.


[you can click on some of the photos to enlarge the detail]

Cut up strawberries and whole blueberries are in one of my treasured berry bowls (I bought a matching set of four berry bowls from a yard sale for a pittance) and Lean Cuisine shimp alfredo with a side of mixed veggies are served on my all-time favorite plate. I purchased it either on ebay or at a local thrift shop, I can't remember which but I do remember I didn't pay a lot for it (I never do because I love bargains).

The bulk of my collection










I use this creamer regularly during the fall/winter since I don't drink hot drinks the rest of the year.
One of my berry bowls
Not a vintage vase; I just love my Endless Summer hydrangeas


Thank you for checking out my collection. What do you collect?

post signature

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!