Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Today History Was Made

This morning I awoke to get Sierra ready for school and I immediately turned on the television to view the inauguration of the 44th President of the United States of America (I recorded it for Sierra). A few moments later, Cameron woke up and joined me in bed. I explained to him that Barack Obama was going to be the next leader of our country and that this was an important event. Being four years old, I thought for certain that he would ask me to turn it to "his show" but he didn't. He laid quietly and watched intently as the events transpired. At one point, I had to get up and check on Sierra. When I returned, Cameron said, "Mommy you missed him talking." I looked up at the television and saw Joe Biden at the tail end of his swearing in (Cameron thought I had missed the "big event"). I explained to him that he was our Vice President and pointed to Barack Obama and said, "That's our President." Cameron, with obvious delight in his voice, said, "Oh!"* We watched Obama take the Oath of Office and listened to his first Presidential speech with pride and hope for our country.

*Later, I asked Cameron, "Do you like our President?" He said, "Yes." I asked him why and he said, "Because he has skin like Daddy's."

If you weren't lucky enough to witness this speech for yourself. You can watch it here.




Taking the Oath of Office


Barack H. Obama, alongside his wife Michelle, made his first journey to the White House as the 44th president of the United States on Tuesday afternoon, leading the inaugural parade after promising a new era of “hope over fear, unity of purpose over conflict and discord.”


President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama dance together at the Neighborhood Inaugural Ball in Washington.


Michelle Obama wore a Jason Wu dress.


The First Family: Michelle (Barack's beautiful wife), Barack, Malia (prounuced muh-lee'uh) - Barack's oldest daughter, born in 1999 and Natasha (known as Sasha) -Barack's youngest daughter, born in 2001.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!