Saturday, November 24, 2012

Aromaleigh v.2 Pure Eyes Frost Look: Secret/Fathom


If you read yesterday's post, you know that I posted a question on the Aromaleigh Aficionadas Facebook page asking the group members if they would like to see a look using the new Pure Eyes Frost collection.  One of the requests was for Zen (the look I did yesterday).  Another was Fathom. 

I tried Zen first because it was a color more in my comfort zone (neutral).  Honestly, Fathom scared me and I didn't think I would end up doing a look using it at all.  However, today I decided that "it's only makeup" and I was just going to grocery store so I figured out a way to make Fathom wearable for me. 

I'm so glad I did.  I love Fathom!  For me, it makes a gorgeous accent color.  It's very rich and adds lots of depth wherever you apply it.  Since I have large eyes with lots of lid space, I used it on the outer corner and almost 1/2 way across the lid extending it out at the corner to elongate my  eyes.  I used Secret as the lid color because I thought it coordinated nicely with Fathom and made my blue eyes pop.  If anyone tries to tell you that blue eyeshadow makes blue eyes look better, don't believe them.  Blue only competes with your eye color.  Warm tones like browns, coppers and reds are best in my opinion.

For a more daring lady, Fathom would look sultry and smoky applied all over the lid and blended out heavily in the crease to reveal the dark undertone.  Black eyeliner on the waterline and lots of mascara would complete the look.

I even think that mixed with water, Fathom would make an amazing liner. 

Here's what I did:



I used Aromaleigh's Bouvardia blush on my cheeks.  It's becoming my new favorite.  It has multi-tonal qualities that I really like.  It's like wearing a bronzer, blush and highlighter all in one.







Please come back and visit soon.



Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!