Wednesday, July 4, 2012

3 Easy Ways to Spice up a Basic Black Tank

Lately, I have moved away from the basic black in my wardrobe and have opted for more colorful choices.  I see lots of women wearing a black top/blue jeans "uniform" and it just doesn't look special or exciting.   When you're a busy wife and mother, I know it's easy to just grab something quickly from your closet that you feel flatters you but there's nothing flattering about boring and unimaginative clothing.  So, not wanting to have all of my (probably more than 10) basic black tops go to waste, I decided to freshen up the look simply by adding a bright patterned scarf knotted low and hung loosely around my neck.

Here's a representation of the outfit I wore. . .




Not a scarf girl?  Another way to update up this look could be to eliminate the scarf and instead add colorful earrings and sandals. . .



. . .or a statement necklace and bold bag. . .



I hope my suggestions have inspired you to come up with new ways to liven up your basic black wardrobe.



Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!