Sunday, March 11, 2012

Fashion Trend: Stripes

Although it seems that stripes can always be found on the racks every year as soon as the weather starts warming up, the trend is particularly in full force this spring, with bold black and white (or navy and white) horizontals and diagonals at the forefront.  I especially like stripes when mixed with a bold color (another trend this season).





Although I've always loved stripes (but not in every incarnation), they don't always love me.  Having an ample chest, stripes can look very wonky (or make me look chubby) if they are not correctly placed. 

I came across this cute top the other day.  It has a scoop neck, feminine cap sleeve, ruching down the sides, and just the right amount of stretch.  So I thought with its smaller black and white stripes and bold block of blue that I'd go ahead and give this season's stripe trend a try.   Below is a collage I made to show you how I'll be wearing it. 

Will you be wearing stripes this season?  I'd love to hear how you're incorporating the trend into your wardrobe.




Please come back and visit soon.

If you like this post, I hope you will consider following my blog!


Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!