Friday, March 30, 2012

Aromaleigh v.2 "Muse" Eyeshadow Review and FOTD

Until recently, I hadn't ordered any of the new Aromaleigh v.2 eyeshadows because I have so many eyeshadows in my collection already.  However, I received 3 free samples in my last product order and was pleasantly surprised. I wasn't expecting to fall in love (or deep like) with more eyeshadows but. . .

Thalia, which is from the Muse collection (based on Aromaleigh v.1's Eye Plush collection) has a beautiful texture and finish.  If a powdered eyeshadow can be considered "creamy," this one IS.  It feels smooth, rich and expensive.  Dare I say I like its finish better than the original Eye Plush?. . .yes!  Now I'm looking forward to trying more shades in the Muse collection.  The one I'm most curious about is Mneme.  It is described as a subtle and muted warm creamy yellow.  On the swatch it looks a little on the peachy side (hence the "warm" in the description?) but I'm willing to give it a try because I love me some soft yellow eyeshadow.  I use soft yellows of varying sheens regularly as blender and highlight colors because they are less stark than white or ivory.

My monchromatic daytime look using Thalia from Aromaleigh v.2's Muse collection:

♥  Aromaleigh Gossamer mineral powder foundation in 2y
♥  Aromaleigh Illuminata Luxe mineral finishing powder
♥  Aromaleigh Glamoured mineral finishing powder in Gypsophila - chin
♥  Aromaleigh Illuminata Eye mineral perfecting powder - under eyes
♥  Aromaleigh Sylph mineral cheek color in Calla - cheeks
♥  Meow i-prime - all over eyelids
♥  Thalia Muse mineral eyeshadow - lid/crease
♥  Revlon matte eyeshadow in Rich Sable - outer corner/just into crease and mixed with water and used as liner on upper lash line
♥  Aromaleigh v.1 pure eyes lustre eyeshadow in Fiona - highlight
♥  Maybelline mineral power lipstick in Pink Pearl (#100) - lips








I also received Pavot from the Bloom collection.  Pavot is described as a lovely soft coral peach accented by sparks of iridescence.  To me, the "sparks of iridescence" is actually a pink iridescent highlight.  It's one of those colors that when you swatch it on your hand, it appears nearly nude (on my skin tone) held one way and like iridescent bright pink when held so it catches the light.  If you love subtlety with a special finish, you'll want to try Pavot.

And last but certainly not least, I received a sample of Nymphea from the Bloom collection.  It is described as a pale greenish yellow frost with sparks of blue and violet.  I agree!  It is way more beautiful than the swatch on the website and is going to be one of my favorite go-to eyeshadows.  Paired with other more vibrant colors, Nymphea will pick up that color and coordinate beautifully.  The other day, I wore it on my lid with Celeste (a beautiful sea green/turquoise from the Aromaleigh v1 Eye Lustre collection) patted over the top just in the center of my lid and a medium/dark matte brown in the outer corner/crease.

I've enjoyed playing with my new samples so much that last night (using a fabulous 25% one-day coupon from Aromaleigh), I ordered samples of Flare, Branch Out, Loverly, Heliotrope, Robin's Nest, Mneme, Clio, Marguerite, Lunaire, Narcisse, Primvere, Fraxinelle, Hellebore, Stella, Elisabetta, Nadalina, and Lucia eyeshadows.  When they arrive, I'll be sure to post my thoughts and photos here.

 
Please come back and visit soon.

If you like this post, I hope you will consider following my blog!


Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!