Friday, November 11, 2011

Decorating updates and Etsy finds

Hi Nesters,

I've done a little bit of decorating to cozy up our home for the changing season and I thought it would be fun to share the updates with you.

I originally purchased this little chair to sit in front of part of our sliding glass door in the family room.  I thought it would be extra seating for company.  Well, we don't entertain all that often, but when we do, it's usually in small groups and our current family room seating is adequate.  I missed the open feeling of having nothing in front of the window so I moved the little chair to our media room, which would be considered the formal living room in most houses.  But since we don't entertain formally, it's better used as a media room.  We definitely can use extra seating in here and the chair is finally getting some use.




 I painted the chalkboard frame white and added a tray with a small framed clock print, a clock coaster used as a candle holder, a faux herb plant, and a wooden bowl for chalk.  The chalkboard now says, "Time flies when you're having fun!"
I've made some recent pillow purchases on Etsy.  There are so many talented people out there, you are bound to find something to suit your decor.  I purchased the crown and bee/wreath pillow covers as a set from Simply French Market, the double frayed ruffle pillow cover from The Industrial Cottage and the Swiss cross pillow cover from Red Bird Vintage Home.

The mercury glass lamp is also another recent find from Tuesday Morning.  It has a black French label on it which adds to its vintage style charm.  It even came with the perfect woven shade.






 My new entry wall decor and tablescape.Wood vintage eye chart inspired art "The meaning of life is quite simply whatever you want it to be."
 And in case you haven't seen my previous home tour, here's a mini tour so you can imagine where my tiny 46" entry wall is situated.



Please come back and visit soon.

I hope you will consider following my blog!


Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!