Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dawn Eyes Cosmetics - Daytime Look and a Review

Hi Nesters!

I know it's been a couple of months since my last post, but I've been devoting most of my free time to my kids now that school is out. However, I recently received a sample order from Dawn Eyes Cosmetics ("DEC") and the colors were so beautiful, I had to do a look for you all. As many of you know, I'm a neutral makeup kind of gal but I do branch out into other colors on the spectrum on occasion. This look is a warm daytime look that can easily move into night with the addition of a dark brown shadow in the outer corner and liner under the lower lashes.

Dawn Eyes Cosmetics is a fairly new online mineral cosmetics company.  I came to know the owner, Dawn Merrill, through a Facebook fan page for Aromaleigh Mineral Cosmetics (no longer in business).  Shortly after she started blending her beautiful eyeshadows and getting them up on her site, she sent me a selection of samples to try and I will review those specifically at a later date.  In general, the eyeshadows are of excellent quality, highly pigmented and show lots of Dawn's creativity.  That girl never met a sparkle she didn't like and there are many degrees of sparkle in her vast shadow collection.  My initial favorites (in addition to the ones I'm wearing here, which I absolutely adore!) are beige goes bold, copper sparkle pink, ugly gold, chocolate diamond, khaki with kick and walking on sunshine.

Here's what I used in this look:

DEC mineral eyeshadow in "warm sand" - lid
DEC mineral eyeshadow "copper beige" - crease and outer corner
Aromaleigh eye lustres mineral eyeshadow in "daphne" - brow bone
"tip taupe" creme eyeshadow (you can get this from many online resources) - upper lash line (I used a fine liner brush)
Meow pampered puss mineral foundation in "frisky/naughty Abyssinian" (2/3 to 1/3 mix) - foundation
Aromaleigh pure rouge in "sweetheart" - cheeks
NYX round lipstick in "frosted beige" - lips
Covergirl Professional WP Mascara in "very black" - lashes

Photos were taken indoors in front of a sunny window with flash and have not been touched up.

Thank you for checking out my latest look. I hope you'll check out Dawn Eyes Cosmetics for yourself. I think you'll be pleased.

Robyn
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!