Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sharing my new chair!

Hi Nesters!

We had an empty area in front of our sliding glass door in the family room and I thought a small-ish accent chair would fill the space nicely without taking up too much room.  This chair fits the space perfectly.  It sits in front of the part of the door that doesn't open so the path to go out isn't blocked at all.  It's size is substantial enough to not look like a little kids' chair but yet it doesn't overpower either since it doesn't really have arms. I would say it's a good size chair for when you want extra seating for guests but you wouldn't want to curl up in it to read a book. The chair seat is the perfect height and I can sit all the way back in it and my feet still touch the floor (I'm 5' 4").

Some assembly (just attaching the legs) was required but I knew that from the description before I bought it and it went smoothly.  The fabric is the perfect color.  It is a flatweave (some sort of microfiber?) with a velvety/chenille feel but there are striations in it that give it the appearance of linen.  The legs have a modern shape but the tufting on the back gives it a more traditional feel.  This combination of styles suits our decor wonderfully.  

Oh and did I mention the chair was only $169 at Wal-Mart.com?  Yes, Wal-Mart. . .I know!  Shipping was free and they sent it directly to the store of my choosing.  It arrived about 1 1/2 weeks after I ordered it.

You can probably tell that I'm thrilled with my new chair.  I've never ordered furniture online before so I was hesitant.  Most of the reviews were good so I took a chance.  And since I had the option to return it to the store instead of having to ship it back, it was a no-brainer for me.

P.S. We got a new rug too!  I found it at Lowe's for around $125.  There's the old rug rolled up leaning next to the armoire.


Here's an old photo of the previous rug.  When we got our leather furniture for the family room a couple of years ago, we also got a new rug.  However, I ended up liking the new rug better in the media room so I swapped them out.  Now the crazy color blocked rug (yes, I did love it at one time) is looking for a new home.

Thanks for stopping by!

Robyn
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!