Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Updates about me, my shop and other stuff. . .

Hi Nesters!

Still no working following gadget but I'm slowly getting over it. I blog for the love of it and not for the fame or glory (ha ha) although I do still miss seeing all of my Nesters' icons on my sidebar (okay, so maybe I'm not totally over it being gone--yet). But I am finding fun things to do to keep me distracted from the disappointment of the missing following gadget (sounds like a good title for a mystery novel).

But there's good news to reflect on. After having my Etsy shop "Beau Marche" open for only 2 days, I made my first sale. Since then (approximately 20 days), I have made 3 additional sales. Not enough to make me rich, but definitely enough to make me ecstatic. I didn't realize the joy my little online store would bring me. I used to sell my kids' outgrown clothing, my maternity clothes, and some of Jason's albums on eBay (and made a good chunk of change doing it), but I didn't get the same satisfaction as I do from my Etsy shop. This is more personal and more ME.

I'm a treasure hunter at heart and have been since I was a child tagging along with my grandparents to yard sales whenever my brother and I would go on vacation with them to our family's beach cabin in Santa Cruz. I still get excited when I'm in a thrift store and I find nearly new Tupperware for $1.50. That stuff can be pricey and I'm a girl who can't resist a good quality storage solution.

My heart also swoons over almost anything vintage. I love the timeworn aesthetic and the wonderment of the history behind the treasures I find. Although I don't wear any myself, I am particularly fond of vintage clothing and jewelry and I used to collect vintage slips. When I would visit my grandparents in Chowchilla, I spent countless hours playing dress-up in my mom's old prom dresses (my grandma even let me try on my mom's wedding dress a few times) and my mom and grandma's costume jewelry collections.

Currently, I'm in the process of selling off some of my vintage jewelry collection (none of it belonged to family members--I just can't part with that). Although several pieces are in excellent wearable condition, some of are in not-so-perfect condition. But then I bought them that way. Just because a piece was missing a stone or two, didn't mean that I couldn't enjoy looking at it in my jewelry box. Not everything is meant to be used you know. Some things are just there to be appreciated. Some pieces I purchased with the idea that I would turn them into something else but sadly that never came to fruition. Hopefully, someone else will see the potential in some of my treasures and want them for their very own just as I did at one time.

I also went through a phase (can you call several years a phase?) where I acquired vintage linens of all kinds. Doilies, table runners, handkerchiefs, pillow cases, sheets, you name it. If it had a pretty pink rose or flower on it, I probably bought it. Entering a new phase in my life of "less is more," I am parting with many of my collectibles and selling them in my store. So far, every single thing you see in my Etsy shop is from my own collections that I have accumulated over the years. It will probably take a while before I'll need to purchase anything specifically for the purpose of selling in my shop. Okay, it's time to wrap things up. If you stuck with my post this far, I appreciate and admire you.

I'll leave you with some eye candy from my shop. . .















Photobucket

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!