Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Casual fall style: Mixing black and brown

Hi Nesters!

I recently saw Vanessa Marcil sporting a lovely casual black and brown look on The Wendy Williams Show. The moment I saw her, I knew it was a look I would be recreating for myself this fall/winter season.

Mixing black and brown is a great way to keep black from being boring. It's especially nice for those of us who don't look good in black paired with brights. And depending on the pieces you select, the look can be casual or dressy. Either way, the combination of black and brown is a sophisticated one.

Below is a representation of how I envision my black/brown look.

Casual fall brown & black



Here's what I used to create this look:

  • black leggings

  • white long sleeve cotton-blend blouse

  • black cropped 3/4 sleeve cardigan

  • brown suede/leather flat knee high riding boot with buckles

  • brown and black animal print tote

  • brown leather/gold watch

  • boho chic multi-hoop earrings

See my inspiration for this look: Vanessa Marcil on The Wendy Williams Show



I used Polyvore.com to create my style inspiration collage. The items contained in the collage are not necessarily the exact items I would select in real life.

Photobucket

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!