Thursday, August 5, 2010

Chicken Piccata...OMG!

Hi Nesters!

Last night, I made the final dish on this week's list of meals inspired by Lyndsey's blog, The Tiny Skillet.

I don't know what I was expecting chicken piccata to taste like but as my post title states...OMG! I guess I never really knew what the meaning of "piccata" was (hellooo, I read the list of ingredients, right?). Well now I do. And is it ever scrumptious!

To offset the tangy tasty of the piccata sauce, I used a raspberry vinaigrette on the salad. Everyone loved this dish and it's getting a spot in my regular meal rotation. But even if no one else ended up liking it, I would have cooked it for myself anyway--I love it that much. Thank you, Lyndsey.

From wisegeek.com:

"Chicken piccata or veal piccata is a traditional Italian dish, very often available in Italian restaurants. Piccata translates to piquant or piquancy, which in one definition means tart or zesty. Chicken piccata does have a tart sauce, with traditional additions of lemon juice, white wine and capers. It’s also quite easy to prepare, especially in small batches."

Photobucket


Ingredients:

  • 3 tablespoons butter, divided
  • 1 tablespoon flour
  • 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
  • large zip-top bag
  • 4 chicken breast cutlets (about 1 lb)
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon capers
  • juice of 1/2 lemon
  • 3 tablespoons white wine (optional)
Directions right off of Lyndsey's blog post:

Season cutlets with sea salt and pepper, place flour and seasoned salt in zip-top bag; shake to mix. Add chicken, seal tightly and shake to lightly dust each piece.

Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of the butter; swirl to coat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes, without turning, or until golden.


Turn chicken, add wine, then stir in capers, juice of one-half lemon (about 1 tablespoon), remaining 1 tablespoon butter, and 1/4 cup water. Cook 2-3 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken and internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!