Sunday, May 9, 2010

Spring in our garden and some house updates

Here is a photo of our house one year ago.

Photobucket

Here is our house now. We added decorative black shutters, coach lights, and a cute little address sign. We also removed a tree from the backyard that due to its location, was not providing any shade for us but was creating a huge mess all over the roof.

*I did not touch up any colors in this photo. The sky really looked like this the day I took the photo. Photobucket



We added these pretty little coach lights to the side of our garage. They match the one I installed on our porch several years ago. Luckily, Home Depot still carries them. They provide so much light to that area of our house. I wish I would have done it years ago.
Photobucket


This obelisk is a great addition to this bare wall. I can't wait till it's covered in the jasmine I planted beneath it.
Photobucket


I added a few decorative hose guides to the garden as well. Jason washes his car in the driveway and inevitably something gets trampled. But not any longer.
Photobucket


I wanted a new wreath for our front porch and found one I liked on ebay. But the seller wanted nearly $200 for it (ouch!). So I took apart a wreath I already had, purchased new florals, greenery and fruit and put it all together myself. I'm so pleased with how it turned out (and only $60 for materials).
Photobucket


A cute marble and cast iron fleur de lis near the front porch.
Photobucket


A bunny hiding amongst the greenery.
Photobucket


My favorite azalea.
Photobucket


My "Julia Child" Weeks rose.
Photobucket


Here she is in full bloom. The blossoms will fade to a light pale butter color as they age.
Photobucket


David Austin "Mary Rose." My favorite rose in the front garden.
Photobucket

I have two Mary Rose plants in my back garden as well.
Photobucket


"Wise Portia" David Austin rose in the front garden. I can never quite capture the gorgeous fucsia color on camera but this is close.
Photobucket


And here's a sweet kitty photo just for fun.
Photobucket



Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!