Sunday, May 16, 2010

Meow Caribbean Escape "Papaya" FOTD

Meow Cosmetics recently re-released their Caribbean Escape collection. I purchased several samples (and a couple of full sizes) last year. This year, I decided to try a few more like the Papaya I used here. As you know, most of my makeup looks lean toward neutral. However, I do love color. So, when I want to add color to my look, I simply pair it with a neutral in the crease to tone down the overall effect. Lately, my "go to" crease color has been Perceived Reality from The She Space (aka About Face Cosmetics). It's a slightly warm midtoned brown shade with a soft velvet finish and it goes with everything. I finished off my look by highlighting with Aromaleigh's Maiden. Maiden is a discontinued color but I was able to purchase one from the Aromaleigh fan forum when they were having a "garage sale." I believe all of Aromaleigh's discontinued item sales are now being held at a new location: Dormant Dream

My allergies have been acting up this season so I've stopped using eyeliner. It's just easier than worrying about the stuff rubbing off underneath my eyes. Honestly, I prefer myself without eyeliner anyway during the warmer months since it's a softer more natural look.

Papaya - sweet ripe coral pink
Perceived Reality - graham cracker taupe (click here for my swatch of Perceived Reality)
Maiden - a very muted mauve/lilac with flecks of golden glimmer

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket




Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!