Monday, August 3, 2009

My latest haul from The She Space...

I was very pleased with the previous round of samples (as well as several full sizes) I received from The She Space. The full sizes I chose (which I had already sampled), were mostly from the "Sprinkle of Twinkles and Pearl" collection (STP). I also got a couple from the "Go Glam or Go Home" collection (GGGH), and one full size from the "Velvets" collection. The texture and color payoff of the eye shadows in the STP and GGGH collections is very good and the colors really last (I always use Aromaleigh’s shadow primer first). The one Velvet I purchased a full size of was Stopping Traffic and I absolutely love it. It's the perfect not too frosty or shimmery brow bone highlighter. I loved the texture of it so much that I ordered 30 more samples from the Velvets collection and they arrived today. Big disappointment!

If you’re a fan of matte shadows but find that most mattes have too much drag upon application, you might like this collection since the shadows do apply very smoothly even over primer. But if you’re a lover of rich saturated color with some oomph, this collection is not for you. I will continue to cherish my beloved Stopping Traffic but the rest of the Velvet collection is a big NO for me.

And for those of you who like velvety matte eye shadows, I did swatch some of the colors (the ones I liked the best) on my arm for you. But if you want a true velvety plush textured eye shadow in the light to mid-tone range, I highly recommend Aromaleigh's "Eye Plush" collection. I own and love every single eye shadow in that collection. However, my personal favorite is Sunny Disposition.

Indoors with natural light and no flash

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!