Friday, May 15, 2009

My latest Aromaleigh haul...

Okay, so lots of women on the Aromaleigh forum raaaave about the taklon brushes. So much so that I finally caved in and bought myself several. Ummm, how did I not realize until now how inexpensive these brushes are (details on the price is posted below). I also couldn't resist buying a few more full sizes of the now discontinued L'Orchidee limited edition eyeshadow collection (I own 11 of the 20 offered). It's just so hard to say no to something you MAY NEVER EVER SEE AGAIN IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE! Do you know what I mean? Of course you do. Okay, so let's get on with the details of my haul...

Wonderful goodies all wrapped up "pretty in pink"!
I always appreciate the attention to detail in the packaging.

  • large rounded face: reg $22.50. It was on sale for 25% off!
  • angled sculptor: $5.85
  • large all-over: $5.55
  • small all-over: $5.55

I'm very satisfied with the eye shadow brushes I currently use (a combo of Target and Sonja Kashuk), but couldn't resist the wonderful reviews of these "luxurious taklon brushes." So when I opened them up and saw that the eyeshadow brushes are rather flat, I wasn't sure if they were going to measure up to my plumper brushes. What I found is that I don't need all those extra fibers to achieve a good eye shadow application. With the taklon brushes, I feel that I get less fall-out and waste less product. It'll just take some getting used to after using the same brushes for over a year. With that said, I'm not sure that I feel the same way about the large rounded face brush. The fibers are very dense and I'm used to a much looser brush (for both blush and powder). I think I'm going to have to work with that brush a bit more before I make a decision on it.


My 3 free samples
From left to right: chatterbox, mariposa, showy and shadow witch
(direct sunlight)
(indirect natural light)
Color Descriptions:
  • Chatterbox - Rich, multi-dimensional brownish mauve smoke with frosted shimmer
  • Mariposa - Brilliant red/wine frost with shimmering red sparks of depth
  • Showy - Lovely cool pink frost with blue iridescent sparkles
  • Shadow Witch - Midnight smoked blue with surprising golden sparks

post signature

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!