Saturday, September 13, 2008

Stained garden rabbit project . . .

Shortly after we purchased our home ten years ago, I bought a garden rabbit statute for my daughter Sierra (and me really) to enjoy. Over the years, he became weathered but that just added to his charm. And then I discovered this idea from a fellow blogger:

Southern Lagniappe: A Stained Concrete Project ...

Even though my rabbit isn't made of concrete (I think he's some sort of plaster covered with a resin finish - hence the chippiness that occurred over the years), I still thought this project could work. So I dug a can of wood stain out of the garage, put on my gloves and began ragging and brushing the stain all over the rabbit (Cameron put on his gloves and helped me). The result is a lovely darker old bronze patina. I still love his weathered chippy look, but I think the darker color gives him new life.



Before

After

Thanks for looking!

Robyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!