Saturday, September 13, 2008

Fresh flowers to brighten the day . . .

You may not know this about me, but fresh flowers (mostly those in shades of pink, purple, blue and white) make me so happy I can't help but smile when I walk by them in my house. Sometimes I actually catch myself standing there staring at them when what I meant to do was walk past them, go into the kitchen and get something to drink. The story of how these particular flowers came to have a home with me is a sweet one...

Yesterday, Enid, a lovely woman who works the flower section at my husband Jason's store (Trader Joe's), overheard me in the checkout line admiring the flowers the woman behind me was getting ready to purchase. They were so pretty, I found myself going on and on about them, how much I loved the colors and that Jason needed to bring me some home when he got off work. I told the woman to have a great day enjoying her new flowers and off I went. Just as I reached the front door (that's where they display the flowers), Enid hands me a lovely bouquet of the very flowers I had been admiring. She wouldn't take no for an answer, so I thanked her profusely and left the store (flowers in hand) a very happy girl!



Have a wonderful day!

Robyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!