Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A busy week. . .


"I'd like to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids." ~ Unknown

Hi Nesters,

Do you ever have weeks where not much is going on and it's smooth sailing all the way, and then the following week seems to be scheduled full of errands and appointments every single day? Well, I'm having one of those busy weeks. Aside from all of the regular take/pick up kids from school, make dinner, clean up, help with homework, etc., I've got a bit more going on than I usually do.

After I dropped the kids off at school this morning, I went to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned. Then I met my mom for lunch and did a little shopping. We had a great time. We haven't seen each other in a couple of weeks so it was nice catching up. Tomorrow I work in Cameron's class in the morning, have my nail appointment after that and then I come back to his school in the afternoon for his awards assembly. No appointments on Thursday but the kids are out of school for two days so that always presents it's own challenges. I have my "every 10 weeks hair appointment" (2+ hours) on Friday. I'm going to go lighter this time and get back to being closer to the light blond hair with low lights that I had for several years prior to going dark last fall. I asked DH and he said he prefers my hair lighter blond but that I look pretty any way I do my hair so whatever I want is fine (I love that man). I've enjoyed the "in between" color I've been sporting for the last several months but I've been feeling it's time for a change.

I also just remembered that a Groupon I purchased for an airbrush spray tan is going to expire on the 12th so I've got to fit that in somewhere this week. Thursday night is looking good for that. I just hope they have an opening. I've always wanted to try a spray tan so I figured at about 1/2 price it was worth giving it a go. I don't want to be dark or orange, I just want enough color to take the glare off my blue-white legs and stomach. They'll probably pick a color that matches my forearms and shoulders which are a few shades darker than all the other skin on my body that never sees the light of day. If it turns out well, I'll post pics of my new hair and tan.

And lastly, Cameron's second to the last soccer game of the season is Saturday and we have some "couple friends" and their kids coming over in the late afternoon to hang out afterward. That's my week in a nutshell. I suppose I should get off the computer, get the little man tucked in and get some rest. I think I'm gonna need it. ;)

Photobucket

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!