Our children are always ready for us to add some fun to normal, everyday events. When we do, most of us find that we were ready to be spiced up in our daily routine as well. Routine is important for security and stability. But let's face it - sometimes it can just get downright boring. Here are some fun and fresh ideas to add a little pizazz to your family's mealtime.
- Have a picnic on the floor. Pull out a blanket, get out your "outdoor" plates and add the food.
- Eat out on your deck or back porch. Use either a picnic table or set up a card table and enjoy the fresh air.
- Put a spin on eating outdoors by setting up a tent and lantern. Eat after it gets dark inside the tent. FUN!
- Allow your family to use chopsticks instead of silverware.
- Use festive napkins, glasses or fancy straws at dinner.
- Make a rule that no utensils can be used at all! Only hands. Serve finger foods, drink soup out of the bowl, etc.
- Switch places at the table. Everyone gets to sit somewhere other than their normal seat.
- Add food coloring to the water.
- Make dessert FIRST for a change.