Monday, April 12, 2010

My new job!


For those of you who haven't already heard, a fabulous opportunity came up for me recently and I took a job as a member of a team of "virtual assistants" for a company in another state.

I've been a stay-at-home-mom for the past 6 years and had considered myself retired. I wasn't opposed to working outside the home or earning money (I worked part-time the 6 years prior to that and full-time prior to having kids), but my family is my priority and I didn't think I would find something that would work around that. It's important that I be the one waking my kids up in the morning, making lunches, driving them to school, chaperoning fieldtrips, seeing school performances, etc.

My new job allows me to work around my family's schedule. I work approximately 2 hours a day at home on the computer. I get to decide if I want to do the work while the kids are at school or while they're asleep at night. Yes, I can work in my jammies if I want to. :)

Today was my first day. I enjoyed the work and I already feel a great since of pride knowing that I'm going to be bringing home a paycheck that will help fund extras like vacations, dinner dates with Jason, and new pool furniture.

Edited to add: I should clarify that I did NOT find my job through the virtual assistants link above. I merely provided that link as a definition of the term.

Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!