Friday, August 28, 2009

Martha Monday - "Roast Chicken with Plums" . . . better late than never!


The idea behind Martha Mondays is that anyone who would like to participate in the weekly challenge could do so either on Monday, Tuesday or really whenever they can get around to it and then they can post their results on their blog or on the Martha Monday web site. But the cool thing about actually doing it on Monday is that you get that warm fuzzy feeling knowing that you and a bunch of other fellow "Martha Monday-ers" are doing the same thing on the same day. Frankly, I was just grateful to get this week's challenge in before the week was over. Here's how my "Roast Chicken with Plums" turned out. . .


Here are the plums in their pre-cooked state covered in honey. I couldn't find small plums so I bought 6 regular sized plums and pitted and quartered them prior to roasting.

The finished dish. The dark striping across the skin is from the honey I drizzled over it prior to roasting.

All pretty and plated up next to a dried cranberry and candied pecan-garnished salad.

And the piste de résistance... the plums were the hit of the dinner!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!