Saturday, July 4, 2009

Mascara review...


In my never ending quest for a mascara that lengthens, adds volume and doesn't wear off under my eyes by the end of the day (I have huge issues with this), I purchased several mascaras from ULTA last week. I tried each of them out and here is my review...




Max Factor 2000 Calorie Waterproof ($5.49)


This is what I currently use (just finished my first tube). I bought a new one just in case I didn't like any of the others I purchased. The brush head is a little larger than I like but it's not as big as some I've seen/tried. It provides decent length and volume but can be a bit clumpy (I think it's because of the brush). It also dries out and gets thicker faster than other mascaras I've used in the past so I have to replace it more frequently. But it does last all day with no wear-off under my eyes. So far, this is the best mascara I have found that suits all my criteria.



Covergirl Lash Blast Waterproof Volume Mascara ($7.99)

I never got around to reviewing whether or not it lengthened or added volume because the brush was so huge it was very difficult to maneuver around the inner corners. It also deposited way too much product on the brush. Bleck! I removed this immediately This mascara is not for me.



Max Factor Lash Perfection Volume Couture Waterproof ($7.99)


I wasn't sure if I was going to like the iFX brush (I'm used to the old school type of brush) but it held just the right amount of mascara and it kept my lashes clump free. It provided nice length and volume, and did not wear off under my eyes after a full day. Yay!



Max Factor Lash Perfection Stretch & Separate Waterproof ($6.99)


To my eyes, the brush is identical to the Volume Couture one (see comparison photos below). It also provided the same amount of length and volume as the Volume Couture and did not wear off under my eyes after a full day. I checked the ingredients list and they are identical as well. Hmm...



vc brush on the left -- s & s brush on the right

Two days in a row I wore each of these mascaras (one on each eye and I alternated which eye I wore it on the following day) and they both performed beautifully. So I'm wondering, why would I spend more for what amounts to the same mascara? Upon further investigation, the difference became clear...the Volume Couture contains .24 fluid ounces of mascara and the Stretch & Separate contains .13 fluid ounces. So the Volume Couture contains nearly 2x the mascara for only $.80 more. I found my winner - Max Factor Lash Perfection Volume Couture Waterproof!

I hope you found this review to be helpful in your quest for the perfect mascara. Have a safe and fun 4th of July!


Photobucket


post signature

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!