Saturday, April 25, 2009

Nature on my front porch!

On several occasions over the past week or so, when my DH enters/leaves through the front door, a bird flies away very close and in a panic (lots of loud fluttering wing sounds). It happens so fast and so close to him, he can't tell where it's coming from (he's usually busy flailing his arms to keep the creature from "getting him"). Today, I went out to check the mail and it happened to me so I decided to investigate. I found some sticks poking out of the top of a faux flower arrangement near our front door. So I grabbed Cameron (5 y/o) and lifted him up to see if he could see any eggs...


We've never has "visitors" to this arrangment before because I just put it out about a month ago.

This photos is for perspective so you can get an idea of how large the arrangment is and where it's located in relation to the front door.

I stood on my tippy toes and held the camera high over my head to get this shot.

We agreed as a family that we were not going to touch or disturb the nest or its occupants. We're happy to have new birds at our "nest."


post signature

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!