Sunday, October 19, 2008

Birthday Recap

My birthday actually started the night before when I was getting ready for bed. Jason suggested to me that the next day I should stay home and sleep in and he would take Sierra to her 8:00 a.m. (have to be there by 7:30 a.m.) soccer game. That way, we wouldn't have to wake up Cameron (he usually doesn't get up until 9:00 a.m. on weekends) and it would be a nice treat for me to stay in bed longer. I agreed it was a great idea.

I woke up at 7:00 a.m. to see Sierra off to her soccer game. Got back in bed and watched a TLC marathon of My First Home. On commercials, I gave myself a pedicure and did the night before's dinner dishes. Cameron didn't get up until 9:30 a.m. Jason and Sierra got home shortly after that (their team won 6-0). The family gathered round and gave me a wonderful card from each of them. Around noon, Sierra went to a friend's house for a sleepover. Jason and Cameron spent a better part of the day playing video games together while I indulged in computer time, t.v. time, whatever. Did I mention that Jason vacuumed the whole house (he does this all the time anyway, but it was nice to have a freshly vacuumed house on my birthday).

Around 7:00 p.m., Jason and I dropped off Cameron at my MIL's house and we went to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants Daily Grill. I had the pan fried trout (which I always have - I'll have to change it up next time) and Jason had the blackened rib-eye...yum! We shared a lovely bottle of Mirassou Pinot Noir and since it was my birthday, I got to select a dessert on the house. I've never tried key lime pie so I decided to be daring and took a piece "to go." It came with raspberry sauce, fresh blackberries and homemade whipped cream. I had some today for brunch (along with my leftover trout) and it was delicious. If someone had told me that it was like a lime-flavored cheesecake, I would have tried it years ago. I think I have a new favorite dessert now.

click on the picture below to learn more about Daily Grill


After dinner, I asked Jason to take me to Target. I know that sounds like an obscure request, but we never go shopping together and it was the only store open that late. Anyway, we wandered around holding hands looking at all kinds of stuff and I even tried on a couple pair of shoes (didn't find anything I couldn't live without though) and then headed out to pick up Cameron a few mintues before the store closed.

It was a fabulous birthday!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

NO STEALING ZONE. . .

NO STEALING ZONE. . .
I like to share, but please don't use my blog content (pictures, text, anything) without asking permission. Thank you!